PDA

View Full Version : Jim Ross Explains Why He Turned Down RAW Reunion Invite

Kemo
07-26-2019, 05:10 AM
WWE Hall-of-Famer Jim Ross recently turned down an invitation to be part of the RAW Reunion show on Monday night. Ross turned down the invite despite being permitted to attend by his current employer, All Elite Wrestling.

JR explained his decision on his most recent episode of “Grillin JR” with co-host Conrad Thompson.

One of the reasons JR gave as to why he turned down the appearance was that he felt it would lead to speculation he is unhappy with AEW.

“There was a couple of things that led to this decision,” Ross said on the show. “If I had gone, then there would be a certain segment of the social media society that would have said ‘uh, oh, there’s trouble in paradise.'”

Ross would continue to say that he has a wonderful relationship with AEW, however.

“There’s nothing wrong with my relationship with AEW. I have a great relationship with Tony Khan who owns the damn thing,” Ross continued. “Tony said if you want to go tot he RAW Reunion, I think you should go to the RAW Reunion if you want to.”

Jim Ross Didn’t Want To Send Mixed-Messages To AEW Talent

Ross then said his decision also came down to his current position as a mentor for the young talent in AEW.

“I wanted to be loyal to my brand, my team, and these kids that are looking up to me for guidance,” Ross said. “I didn’t think going to RAW was a positive motivator for these 20-somethings in our locker room.”

Ross would continue to say that he didn’t want to send mixed-messages to the young talent in AEW. He felt that his appearing on WWE TV while trying to get the AEW roster to come together as a team was not a good fit.

Ross would also say he was happy WWE invited him, however.

“I wasn’t angry about it. I really appreciated Vince taking the time out of his schedule to contact me. He didn’t have to, he could have had a million minions who could have done it.”