PDA

View Full Version : Renee Young Fires Back At Internet Haters, Superstars Show Support

Kemo
07-29-2019, 09:50 PM
Back in September, Renee Young was named as Jonathan Coachman’s full-time replacement on the RAW commentary team. Since that time, she’s been subject to criticism from fans online as others her position often are. Young took the time to fire back at her critics online recently.

It all started with Young making a comment about people tucking their ears into their baseball caps.

I would love it if adult men would stop tucking their ears into their baseball hats.

— Renee Young (@ReneeYoungWWE) July 27, 2019

This ended up striking a chord with someone and led to criticism of Young’s performance on RAW.

and the checks keep coming in

— Renee Young (@ReneeYoungWWE) July 27, 2019

Here’s the truth. I know im not great on commentary, but it’s my job. I try to get better each week. People love to tell me how bad I am at it as if I think I’m great at it. So I should just quit? What would that say about me?Not easy to learn a skill on a gigantic global tv show

— Renee Young (@ReneeYoungWWE) July 28, 2019

Young would also comment on the difference between her role on Talking Smack and her position on the RAW commentary team.

“Well a lot of people say that but don’t realize that Talking Smack and raw commentary are completely different jobs,” Young Tweeted. “I’m a tv host and have been for a decade- so talking smack was my jam- commentary’s entirely different. Different skills.”

Several WWE Superstars and those associated with the wrestling business came to Young’s defense.

“Renee, seriously could never do what you do-you inspire all of us and we all love you and commend you for the job you do on live TV every single week!” Nikki Cross Tweeted to Renee.

Kurt Angle then showed his support for Renee:

I think you’re Awesome Renee. Keep up the great work!!!!

— Kurt Angle (@RealKurtAngle) July 29, 2019

Peyton Royce also offered up the following:

Yo @ReneeYoungWWE! You’re incredible & don’t you ever forget it

— Peyton Royce (@PeytonRoyceWWE) July 29, 2019

Somehow Don Callis got brought up in the discussion as well.

Thanks for your support, And I don’t usually weigh in on this stuff but since you mentioned me: commentary is a hard job in the best of circumstances. @ReneeYoungWWE is immensely talented and works very hard. Chill everyone

— Super Elitist (@CyrusOverHuge) July 28, 2019

Charlotte Flair, Xavier Woods and EC3 and have since chimed in with support for Renee as well:

Being a pioneer is hard. You earned a seat at the Monday night table- not because you are a woman, but because you’re one of the BEST announcers we have. NEVER forget that woman. Let the trolls hate. Misery loves company.

— Queen of all Eras (@MsCharlotteWWE) July 29, 2019

I think @ReneeYoungWWE is dope and she's good at commentary

— Austin Creed asks that you say more nice things (@XavierWoodsPhD) July 29, 2019

I think you’re swell.

— ecIII (@therealec3) July 29, 2019