PDA

View Full Version : Nick Aldis Says He Turned Down AEW Offer

Kemo
08-04-2019, 04:10 PM
NWA World Heavyweight Champion Nick Aldis recently revealed in an interview that he turned down an offer from AEW. Aldis was interviewed by Daily DDT and said that he counter-offered AEW by requesting to be able to work for both AEW and the NWA.

“I’ll tell you the truth: I was made an offer by AEW. I counter-offered with, ‘I’d like to be able to do both.’ I’d like to work with them because obviously I have great admiration for Cody and the Bucks for what they’ve been able to do,” Aldis said. “But I wasn’t prepared to walk away from the two years of work I’ve done with the NWA. And that was that. I left it open with, ‘If you can find a way to keep doing this and do your show, I’ll do your show.'”

AEW management wasn’t interested in his proposal, however.

“They essentially wanted to offer me a contract and have me walk away from what I’m doing here and I said that doesn’t make any sense to me,” he continued.

Aldis would also say he has a good relationship with Tony Khan as well as Cody and the Young Bucks.

“I’m still on very good terms with Cody and the Bucks and I had a very nice conversation with Tony [Khan] and everyone was aware of it. Billy and Dave were aware of it.”