PDA

View Full Version : UFC’s Colby Covington Looks To Crossover To WWE, Become Two-Sport Champion

Kemo
08-06-2019, 10:55 PM
UFC star Colby Covington is looking to not only make a crossover to the world of pro wrestling but also become a two-sport champion.

The former interim UFC Welterweight Champion spoke with ESPN reporter Ariel Helwani on Monday to discuss his latest win inside of the Octagon.

The UFC star asked and was later granted permission by WWE Hall of Famer Kurt Angle to use his iconic theme song.

In this interview, Covington noted that it was the greatest walkout in the history of this sport. He recalled the energy and electricity going through the arena was just amazing.

Covington gave Angle a shoutout for letting him use the song and called it generous of him. He thanked Angle and Bobby Lashley, who asked Angle on his behalf to use it.

“Vince McMahon, I’m gonna see you soon. I’m getting that WWE belt and have this UFC belt. I’m gonna be a two-sport World Champion.”

This was when he was asked if he spoke with UFC President Dana White about potentially appearing on WWE television.

He responded by noting that they haven’t had a chance to sit down and talk but he thinks they’re going to realize it would be good for him to make a crossover. He added if Brock Lesnar can do it then why couldn’t he.

Over the weekend, Covington beat former UFC Welterweight Champion Robbie Lawler in the main event of UFC Newark at the Prudential Center on ESPN.