PDA

View Full Version : Steve Austin Explains Why He Didn’t Endorse Becky Lynch At WWE RAW Reunion

Kemo
08-06-2019, 11:12 PM
Since WWE RAW Women’s Champion Becky Lynch has made her rise with the moniker as “The Man,” many fans have compared her to WWE Hall of Famer Steve Austin.

While Austin is a big fan of Lynch’s, he has known that she should be considered by fans as her own person.

Austin made an appearance on Busted Open Radio where he gave his thoughts on Lynch and noted that she looks and comes across like an all-star because she is one. He noted that she’s a class act and is proud of her for lighting wrestling on fire.

Austin continues by noting that people shouldn’t draw comparisons between himself and Lynch because it’s a different thing that she’s pulling off flawlessly. He thinks she’s had one of the best runs for the last 18 months.

Austin talked about why he didn’t have a segment with Lynch in order to endorse her in front of the fans at the RAW Reunion special a few weeks ago. Bully Ray pitched the idea of drinking a beer with the champ at the end of the show.

“I don’t know that she really needs my anointing or passing of the torch because she is kind of like ‘Hey, you are like me.”

“I think she has her own thing going. Like the Mitch Hedberg thing. I think she’s got her own thing going. I just don’t think she needed my endorsement. Maybe somewhere down the road if there’s an organic storyline that would come up. Maybe she needs some help or something like that. I think she stands on her own pretty damn well.”

Since she turned heel last year, Lynch has transformed her character to be one of the biggest stars in the company and not just in the women’s division. Part of that success is due to the way that WWE has been booking her, which is similar to Austin.