PDA

View Full Version : Stephanie McMahon Talks AEW Competition, SmackDown Going To FOX

Kemo
08-09-2019, 05:27 PM
Stephanie McMahon recently did an interview with Fortune.com to promote WWE SummerSlam where she spoke about the company.

One interesting question was asked, which was WWE seeing more competition from rivals, including AEW.

“I think it will ultimately make us all better, I really do,” Stephanie responded regarding the competition.

McMahon was also asked about WWE’s television deal with FOX that will see SmackDown Live shift from airing on the USA Network to FOX later this year.

The question was how big of a potential game-changer it for the company considering they will be promoted alongside NASCAR, the MLB, and the NFL.

“Strictly from a company standpoint, it more than tripled the value of our content rights. I couldn’t be prouder of that. And we couldn’t be more proud to be a part of the Fox family.”

McMahon added that they are an entertainment franchise but they deliver like sports and it’s exactly where she thinks WWE should be.

SmackDown will be officially moving over to FOX on Friday, October 4th, 2019. FOX is paying WWE $1 billion over five years for the rights to SmackDown Live after inking the contract last year with the company.