PDA

View Full Version : Edge Details Difficult Week Leading Up To SummerSlam Appearance In Heartfelt Post

Kemo
08-12-2019, 08:13 PM
WWE Hall of Famer Edge shocked many fans by making a surprise appearance on the pre-show for WWE SummerSlam pay-per-view event.

He did so by interrupting a segment with Elias, who was getting local heat by mocking fans in attendance and the city of Toronto. This led to Edge coming out and hitting a spear to Elias.

The former WWE World Heavyweight Champion took to his official Instagram account where hours after the segment where he wrote a heartfelt post on the social media platform to detail his week, which was rough for him personally.

Edge started out by noting how the week was emotionally tumultuous for him as he hadn’t been back to Toronto since the funeral for his mother who passed away. He had been putting it off to take care of some things.

That changed once he heard Summerslam was in Toronto and his wife, Beth Phoenix, working the NXT TakeOver: Toronto II event for cBefore SummerSlam, Edge was last seen on WWE television during a Cutting Edge segment with then-SmackDown Women’s Champion Becky Lynch on SmackDown 1000 in Washington, DC at the Capital One Arena. ommentary. He decided it was time to come home but noted that it was difficult and draining while at the same time therapeutic.

He brought up seeing family and friends while crying and laughing along the way.

You can read the full post here:

"This week was emotionally tumultuous. I hadn’t been back to Toronto since my mom’s funeral. I’d been putting off coming up here and taking care of some things. But when I heard Summerslam was in Toronto and I knew Beth had NXT work to do, I decided it was time to come home. It was difficult. It was draining. It was therapeutic. It was cathartic. I saw some family. I saw some friends. Cried a little. Laughed A LOT. Found some things I thought were lost forever. Last night I had one of those “fairytale” moments. I was also reminded that no matter what happens in life this will always be…home."

Before SummerSlam, Edge was last seen on WWE television during a Cutting Edge segment with then-SmackDown Women’s Champion Becky Lynch on SmackDown 1000 in Washington, DC at the Capital One Arena.