PDA

View Full Version : Chyna’s Mother Threatens Legal Action Over Docuseries Episode

Kemo
08-14-2019, 06:13 PM
Chyna’s mother Jan LaQue is threatening legal action against the makers of the docuseries “Autopsy: the Last Hours Of…” over a scheduled episode focused on her daughter’s final days.

“On April 20th 2016, professional wrestling legend Chyna died from an overdose in her Los Angeles apartment. Once celebrated as the ninth wonder of the world – Chyna’s life unravelled after she left WWE and she became infamous as a casualty of drug and alcohol abuse,” a description for the video reads.

Upon hearing of the planned episode, Chyna’s mother Jan LaQue reached out to the producers via email.

“I want to make it clear to you, very very clear, that NO ONE – NO ONE – really knows what happened during Joanie’s final hours. So you can’t possibly air something on the supposed ‘Truth’ because you don’t know it. I don’t know it!!” an email from LaQue obtained by Pro Wrestling Sheet reads.

“You need to be VERY clear that as her mother and her sole beneficiary, I am going to vigorously defend my daughter and her estate, protect her legacy from vultures like you who want to drag it through the mud, and do whatever I can to stop you and those like you from making a buck off of her tragedy both now and in the future,” a further email from LaQue reads.

The episode is scheduled to air August 25th on Reelz. The network reached out to Pro Wrestling Sheet with the following message:

“Autopsy: The Last Hours of… responsibly explores the circumstances of the passing of well-known and genuinely loved celebrities who the public cares about immensely. The REELZ series generates much feedback from our viewers ranging from fans who tell us it provides closure, medical professionals who praise its scientific accuracy and many who gain helpful perspective of health issues that might not otherwise receive attention like Karen Carpenter who brought anorexia into the public consciousness and, more recently, with Prince whose passing focused attention on the Opioid epidemic.”