PDA

View Full Version : WWE Reportedly Interested In Rey Mysterio’s Son Dominic Gutierrez

Kemo
08-15-2019, 08:56 PM
WWE is reported to have interested in Rey Mysterio’s son Dominic possibly wrestling for the promotion.

Gutierrez has trained with Lance Storm amongst others and was previously involved in some angles back in 2005 involving his father and Eddie Guerrero. According to a report from the Wrestling Observer, WWE is hoping Dominic will be ready for an in-ring debut by next year.

“Regarding Dominick Gutierrez, who was on television as part of the Rey vs. Joe angle, (WWE) want him to wrestle and this Mysterio angle may play a part in this,” wrote Dave Meltzer. “Right now the feeling is he’s not ready for in-ring on this stage, but the hope is he’ll be ready in 2020.”

14 years ago, Dominic was a key figure in a major WWE storyline involving his father and Eddie Guerrero. During the course of the angle, it was revealed that Eddie Guerrero is actually Dominic’s bilogical father.

During an appearance on the WINCLY podcast, Mysterio had this to say regarding his relationship with Vince McMahon.

“My relationship with Vince has always been great and it’s built to where it’s at right now. I was intimidated by Vince at first because I knew it was going to be hard to get the opportunity to perform at that level. When the belief was there, I put in all my effort to give the best,” he said.