PDA

View Full Version : Edge: “I Think I Could Do A Match Tomorrow”

Kemo
08-17-2019, 05:57 AM
Edge speared Elias on the SummerSlam Kickoff show on Sunday. He spoke about returning to Toronto and getting physical in the ring on the most recent episode of “Edge and Christian’s Pod of Awesomeness” released today. According to his comments, he feels healthy enough for one more match.

“To be perfectly honest, I think I could do a match tomorrow,” Edge said on the show. “I might be blown up but I’d be okay. It’s just from what I know with the WWE medical staff, they won’t allow. It is what it is, right?”

He also noted he received some good news from a doctor in regards to his neck recently.

“I did have a doctor tell me that he thinks they’ll be able to basically get my neck relatively healthy within 5 years,” Edge said.

“And then there’s stem cells which I’m also looking into,” he continued.

Edge would then say he could not return full-time but doing one more match is something he feels is possible.

“Just from the stuff I’ve experienced in the last eight years and the things I’ve done physically, it’s like ‘I could pull off one.’ I’m not saying I could pull of a year’s worth. I’m sure you could too,” he said to Christian.

Edge also pointed out that he does his own fighting scenes when acting and even delivered a Spear to former WWE Superstar Kurrgan during filming for the show Haven.

A9Ib_5nFtIQ

Edge posted the following to his social media followers after his SummerSlam appearance in Toronto.

“This week was emotionally tumultuous. I hadn’t been back to Toronto since my mom’s funeral. I’d been putting off coming up here and taking care of some things. But when I heard Summerslam was in Toronto and I knew Beth had NXT work to do, I decided it was time to come home.

It was difficult. It was draining. It was therapeutic. It was cathartic. I saw some family. I saw some friends. Cried a little. Laughed A LOT. Found some things I thought were lost forever. Last night I had one of those ‘fairytale’ moments. I was also reminded that no matter what happens in life this will always be…home.”