PDA

View Full Version : Sean Waltman Believes NXT Will Beat Raw And SmackDown In Ratings

Kemo
08-29-2019, 04:33 PM
Both of WWE’s premier shows in Raw and SmackDown Live have been seeing declines in ratings and year over year data shows that both the brands have been losing a large percentage of their audience every year.

On the other hand, many believe that NXT has been the best and the most consistent show produced by the company since its inception which has helped it in evolving from a development territory to a global touring brand.

With the show moving to TV soon, people have been wondering how it will perform on the cable. Commenting on the matter in the latest episode of his podcast, WWE Hall Of Famer Sean Waltman said that it will beat Raw and SmackDown in ratings:

“This is my prediction, that within six months they are going to beat Raw or SmackDown in the ratings at least once. Maybe way sooner than six months…. I really do, I am not just saying that to try and hype up the positive attitude. Just being optimistic, I honestly think that that’s going to happen.”

NXT will be premiering on USA Network on September 18th and at least for the first three months, the show will be broadcasted live from the Full Sail campus.

AEW will also start airing their show on the same day of the week and the same time slot starting from October 2nd. It would be interesting to see how the broadcast of NXT will affect the shows’ numbers.