PDA

View Full Version : The Rock Calls Ken Shamrock A Major Influence During The Attitude Era

Kemo
08-29-2019, 04:35 PM
Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson has credited former WWE Superstar Ken Shamrock with helping to develop his character during the Attitude Era.

This comes off the back of Shamrock promoting his return to Impact Wrestling. He contended that he would tear through Moose, whom he is currently feuding with, before running his way through the promotion until getting to Impact Wrestling World Champion, Brian Cage.

A Twitter user then shared his feelings on Shamrock’s run in WWE (then WWF) in the ’90s. He stated that people don’t understand how underrated “The World’s Most Dangerous Man” was as a wrestler. He claimed he was a “HUGE part of the attitude era” before listing The Rock, Vader, and Owen Hart as wresters Shamrock had great matches with.

People don’t understand just how underrated @shamrockken is as a wrestler… a HUGE part of the attitude era, great matches with @TheRock @itsvadertime Owen Hart, etc.

— 90’s Rewind (@The90s7) August 29, 2019

Brian Cage would subsequently get involved after seeing the opinion, sharing that he agrees wholeheartedly:

“I agree. Shamrock all around was great. And jacked!”

This led to The Rock “co-signing” Cage’s sentiment, adding that “@ShamrockKen helped build “The Rock” character. Huge #AttitudeEra influence. We tore the houses down together. I’ll always be grateful and respectful. He’s a f machine. They don’t make em like that anymore. Thanks for the house brother Ken”

I’ll co-sign that. @ShamrockKen helped build “The Rock” character. Huge #AttitudeEra influence. We tore the houses down together. I’ll always be grateful and respectful. He’s a fucking machine. They don’t make em like that anymore. Thanks for the house brother Ken

— Dwayne Johnson (@TheRock) August 29, 2019

Ken Shamrock returns to Impact Wrestling on September 5th and 6th for the promotion’s Las Vegas tapings.