PDA

View Full Version : Adam Cole Reveals Shawn Michaels Has Been Involved With All His NXT Matches

Kemo
08-29-2019, 04:39 PM
Undisputed Era’s Adam Cole has revealed that WWE Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels has been instrumental in all of his NXT matches to date.

The NXT Champion shared the insight during a recent conversation with Lilian Garcia for her podcast, Chasing Glory. He discussed how Shawn Michaels and Michael Hayes helped to put together his TakeOver: Toronto main event before crediting Michaels with his guidance to date.

“The two gentlemen involved in producing our matches were Michael Hayes and Shawn Michaels,” Cole said. “Michael Hayes is great and brilliant. Normally he is involved with producing my matches. Shawn Michaels is involved in every one of my matches. At the Performance Center, I go and work with him directly. A bunch of us do. He is kind of like a mentor for so many of us right now at NXT, so he takes a liking and makes sure he has his hand in everything that we are doing.”

Cole then extrapolated on Michaels’ coaching style, explaining how he doesn’t dictate what they should do. Instead, it becomes a somewhat collaborative process with ideas passing backwards and forwards between HBK and NXT Superstars.

“Lots of times, the best thing about Shawn Michaels is that he doesn’t tell us, ‘This is what you should do.’ He lets us come up with what we think, and he will be excited about the stuff that we are coming up with,” Adam said. “But randomly, if we are stumped on something and we think something is cool but aren’t crazy about it, in a matter of five-seconds, he would give us an idea and it’s amazing and so much better. It’s awesome to have those two to pick their brains. They played a big part in what we created in our match for sure.”

Adam Cole recently retained his NXT Championship against Johnny Gargano in a Two-Out-Three-Falls matchup at NXT TakeOver: Toronto.