PDA

View Full Version : Lio Rush Addresses Career Speculation, Discusses Music Ambitions

Kemo
08-29-2019, 04:40 PM
Lio Rush has been missing from the WWE programming for some time as rumors regarding his situation persist.

He recently addressed the speculation in an interview with HipHopDX. Rush was being interviewed about his musical career.

“I’ve always wanted to be a professional wrestler,” Rush said. “And starting my life out in sports, I felt obligated to accomplish being a professional wrestler first before I did anything else that I was interested in.”

He continued, “A lot of the times these rumors just get taken as facts because I feel like people are afraid or scared to tell their side. But I take pride in what I do and the things that I believe in. I don’t like my reputation being altered by dirt sheets [wrestling websites] or anyone who doesn’t know the full side of any story. And I just wanted to throw some positivity at the situation because everybody’s always trying to capitalize on the negative and make stories out of things that have no source or substance behind it.”

Addressing his musical career, Rush talked about wanting to create something that is raw and emotional. He claimed to want to be open and honest with his fans, and felt people could relate to that “given the current circumstances that I’m in right now.”

There were previous reports that Rush had heat backstage in WWE. Back in May, Rush removed all mentions of WWE from his social media. He replaced it with an email for booking purposes, fuelling the fires of speculation.