PDA

View Full Version : Tully Blanchard Discusses Guiding Shawn Spears Ahead Of All Out

Kemo
08-31-2019, 03:17 PM
Shawn Spears contracted Tully Blanchard for his guidance ahead of his grudge match against Cody Rhodes. The two will clash at tonight’s All Elite Wrestling event, All Out.

Speaking to the media during Starrcast III, Blanchard revealed that, despite being away from pro wrestling, he still has undeniable knowledge to share.

Looking back on how he first became associated with Spears, Blanchard said:

“He contacted me, and then I talked to Arn a little bit about it, […] Arn said all the right, positive things, and then Shawn and I had a couple of conversations and then we did the interview thing with J.R. [Jim Ross] down in Jacksonville at the stadium, and you know, sometimes you just gotta keep your mouth shut, and let actions speak louder than words.”

When asked about the kind of advice he has been imparting to Spears, Blanchard stated that you’ve got to live in the moment.

“I mean that’s the thing, you’ve got to embrace it. I know that Shawn’s had a lot of things going on in his life, and I haven’t had a lot of contact with him in the last couple of weeks, and it’s a little bit disappointing, but the few texts and stuff that we’ve had have been good, so I’m sure that he’s in a good mental place,” Blachard confessed.

“I think he’s got enough experience, I think he can raise up and take his game to a whole new level, and that’s what I’m looking for.”

He was asked over which AEW talent he is excited about besides Shawn Spears. Blanchard admitted that he hasn’t watched a lot of wrestling over the past 30 years, but is looking forward to All Out to find out the answer for himself.

Fpni90vq9VE