PDA

View Full Version : AEW’s Sammy Guevara Reflects On Getting Into Wrestling, Advice Received From Booker T

Kemo
09-03-2019, 07:44 PM
All Elite Wrestling’s Sammy Guevara has been trying to make a name for himself within the promotion. In a recent interview with CatchClub, Guevara reflected on when he first found a passion for pro wrestling and the advice he received from WWE Hall of Famer Booker T ahead of his first-ever match.

He first started watching pro wrestling between 2005 and 2006 after a neighbour told him to turn on SmackDown. Guevara recalled initially pushing back on the idea, “I was like, ‘No man, it’s not really my thing, I’m not going to watch it.’ But he told me ‘Trust me, it’s really awesome, watch it!’ So I turned it on and saw MNM vs Rey Mysterio and Batista, in a steel cage match. Ever since then I was like, ‘This is amazing, I’m going to do this when I’m older!'”

He listed Jeff Hardy, Chris Benoit, and Rey Mysterio as some of his favorite wrestlers, adding that he’s been lucky enough to wrestle against Mysterio.

“[…] to be able to wrestle him 10 years after I started watching wrestling was amazing. It just goes to show you that life can take you to very strange and very cool places. You just got to keep going and keep working hard, and you never know what’s going to happen.”

When he had his very first match, he was fortunate enough to be given some solid advice from Booker T:

“Before I had my first match ever, Booker T told me, ‘Look, the worst thing that is going to happen out there is you’re going to mess up. And if that’s the worst thing that is going to happen to you, life is going to be OK. The world keeps going, you know.’ And so I always remember that from time to time when I get nervous.”

At the time of writing, Sammy Guevara has picked up a tag team victory in AEW alongside MJF and Shawn Spears. He lost to Kip Sabian during AEW’s Buy In show ahead of their Double or Nothing pay-per-view.

AM1LWZWuJ08