PDA

View Full Version : Becky Lynch Comments On Ric Flair “The Man” Controversy

Kemo
09-10-2019, 05:19 PM
Who’s The Man? In the context of the WWE Universe, it’s RAW Women’s Champion Becky Lynch. The Irish Superstar adopted the moniker last year during her meteoric rise to the top of WWE’s women’s division.

If you ask Ric Flair, he’s the man and he’s ready to battle WWE in court over the rights to that nickname. Flair insists he’s been calling himself The Man since 1981 and wants WWE to pay him royalties if they continue using the phrase.

I am The Man.

— The Man (@BeckyLynchWWE) August 31, 2019

To Be The Man, You Gotta Beat THE MAN! #alreadytrademarked

— Ric Flair® (@RicFlairNatrBoy) August 31, 2019

Ric Flair recently filed a trademark for “The Man” for usage in pro wrestling. He’s willing to let WWE use the name – as long as they pay up.

“I love Becky Lynch and no one has supported the women’s division more than me as an outsider,” Flair said. “Becky can have [the name] all day long but I want the company to pay me for it because I’m going to take care of my family,” he continued.

ESPN reporter Marc Raimondi reached out to Becky Lynch this week and got a brief statement regarding this ongoing controversy over who can market themselves as, “The Man.” According to Raimondi, Becky Lynch says:

“All I can say about Ric is, I like Ric. He’s been a good friend to me over the years. We’ll see what happens with that.”