PDA

View Full Version : Kofi Kington Names Which NXT Superstars He’d Like To Face, Believes Big E Will Win Singles Gold Again

Kemo
09-11-2019, 07:10 PM
WWE Champion Kofi Kingston has named which NXT Superstars he would love to wrestle against. He also shared his belief that it’s only a matter of time until New Day stablemate, Big E, holds singles gold once again.

Speaking with WrestlingNews.co, Kingston listed notable NXT talents such as Velveteen Dream, former NXT Champion Tommaso Ciampa, and current NXT Champion Adam Cole as Superstars he’d love to compete with.

“I get this question all the time, and it’s impossible to pick just one,” Kingston said. “I mean, Velveteen Dream, Tommaso Ciampa, Adam Cole…there’s so much talent down there. I think it’s a really special time. They’re so good that they are getting to be on national television now on USA…”

Regarding NXT’s move to USA Network, Kingston remarked that the change will only make everyone better:

“It’s gonna make them that much better because they’ve had a lot of time to grind and they are very comfortable being in front of TV,” he explained. “They’ve built their own brand, so I think it’s gonna be great for them. The more exposure the better…”

When it comes to his New Day stablemates, Big E and Xavier Woods, Kingston shared that he believes Big E will “eventually” win singles gold again, adding that “He deserves it.”

“[Big] E and Woods both,” Kingston said. “Honestly, all of us are already in the Hall Of Fame, not to toot my own horn or whatever. The New Day, we’ve already done so many significant things. E and Woods are incredibly talented individuals. I’m so blessed to have been grouped with these guys and to have met these guys … There’s big things always.”

Kofi Kingston will attempt to defend his WWE Championship against “The Viper” Randy Orton at this Sunday’s Clash of Champions pay-per-view.