PDA

View Full Version : Beth Phoenix Says She Initially Left WWE Due To Creative Frustrations

Kemo
09-13-2019, 03:59 PM
Former WWE Women’s Champion Beth Phoenix recently appeared on Prime Time with Sean Mooney where she discussed things like being a commentator in NXT, trying out for Tough Enough and more.

Phoenix started her wrestling career in 2001 and she was signed by WWE in May 2004. She stayed in the company for 8 years and left the promotion in October 2012 after giving her notice a month prior.

The former Champion had cited some family conditions to be the reason to leave the promotion at the time. However, expanding on her comments during the interview, she said that creative frustrations were also a reason for her departure:

“I was really frustrated with where the women were at from a company standpoint, and the investment that was being made in us. I felt in my heart I had done my best, and I’d try really hard to change things but, at some point I just got really frustrated.”

Beth went on to say that her husband Edge’s career in acting was also taking off around the same time and so she decided to take the supportive role at home.

Beth Phoenix has since returned to WWE as a commentator. She joined the commentary booth for the first season of Mixed Match Challenge in January 2018 and in May this year the company announced that she will be joining NXT as a full-time commentator.