PDA

View Full Version : Beth Phoenix On Commentating For NXT, Why She Left WWE In 2012

Kemo
09-19-2019, 08:20 PM
Beth Phoenix recently spoke with Prime Time with Sean Mooney discussing her experiences as a commentator for NXT. She also spoke about why she left WWE in 2012.

“It’s been one of those things where I’ve had to just kind of commit myself, and give myself up to the process,” Phoenix admitted. “I fail all the time, and I’m always making mistakes, but we learn each and every week, and I’m learning to find my voice, and my place in the team, because, being a color commentator, adding that analyst role, is really different than being play-by-play.”

She described how the two different commentary roles are “completely different animals.”

“Driving traffic as a play-by-play guy, that is a big responsibility and a lot of work,” she explained. “[…] as an analyst, my job is to take some of the burden off the play-by-play announcer, and try to add a little bit of credibility from somebody that has experience in what is going on in the ring.”

Phoenix confessed commentating wasn’t something she ever thought she would do. She remarked that, if she were told five years ago that she would be calling the action in NXT, she would have laughed out loud.

Beth Phoenix joins her NXT commentary partners, Mauro Ranallo and Nigel McGuiness every week on USA Network.