PDA

View Full Version : Triple H Names Which NXT Talent He’d Like To Wrestle

Kemo
10-04-2019, 07:24 PM
WWE’s COO Triple H has named which NXT Superstars he would like to compete against if the opportunity ever arose. When asked by FOX which black-and-gold talent he’d want to wrestle, Triple H answered with two former NXT Champions: Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa.

“If I had to pick one, I think in this moment… I’m going to give you two. But I’m giving you two ’cause I think that they’re almost even. It would either be Tommaso Ciampa or Johnny Gargano,” Triple H said.

He explained that “Johnny Gargano is the Shawn Michaels of the moment to me in some ways. That was one of my favorite opponents to ever step in the ring with. And then Ciampa is…I see a lot of myself there. It would be interesting to step into the ring with him. His style is a little bit more akin to mine, so I think it would work out a little bit better for me.”

Johnny Gargano responded to this revelation via his Twitter account. He called Triple H’s words “quite the compliment.”

He added that a match between them had TakeOver “written all over it” and teased a matchup that would see him team up with his former DIY teammate Ciampa:

“That’s quite the compliment, boss! That match has TakeOver written all over it..How about we split the difference and just give the world #DIY vs DX too while we’re at it..”

SmackDown premieres on FOX tonight at 7:30 ET / 6:30 CT.