PDA

View Full Version : AEW President Tony Khan Addresses Talent Health Insurance

Kemo
10-04-2019, 07:38 PM
All Elite Wrestling President Tony Khan divulged information over how AEW handle health insurance for its talent during a post-AEW: Dynamite media scrum following their successful premiere on Wednesday night.

“Of the people you saw tonight, a large percentage of them are insured with AEW because they work full-time for AEW,” Khan said. “This is my fifth show I’ve done in 2019, and most people haven’t been on all five shows. Of the people that have been on all five shows, most of them are full-time and have full-time benefits.”

He then explained that one of AEW’s top stars, Jon Moxley, isn’t covered by AEW. Instead, he receives healthcare from his former employer, WWE. This is because of his wife, Renee Young, who is a full-time WWE employee.

“Jon Moxley actually does get healthcare, but he gets it through his wife [Renee Young] who is a full-time employee elsewhere,” he stated. “But Kenny [Omega] does get healthcare and is a full-time employee as are a lot of people. Kenny is a part of my office and he works a full-time job. There’s other people like Britt Baker who’s full-time job is a dentist, and she’s come in and wrestle I wanna say four of the five shows.”

Khan added that there are some people working for AEW who have only done a couple of spots this past year, and so aren’t classified as full-time employees. He confessed it was a “complicated answer.”

\