PDA

View Full Version : John Cena Says His Body Can’t Handle The WWE Schedule Anymore

Kemo
10-04-2019, 11:13 PM
John Cena has given some insight into part of the reason that he has taken a step back as an active in-ring performer for WWE.

The former WWE Champion is slated to be on Sunday’s episode of “Sunday Today” with Willie Geist on NBC. A preview of that interview was released and during it, Cena talked about his WWE future.

“When do I walk away? And when do I walk away with essentially a sense of mental and physical sanity? And I’m right at that precipice.”

Cena stated that he feels great and is in the best shape of his life as it’s not a situation where he couldn’t continue but thinks this point on he runs the risk of tipping that balance the wrong way.

He continued, “I will never walk away from WWE. That’s the great thing about WWE, you can perform in any capacity, and, as long as I’ve made a promise in the in-ring aspect of things, as long as I can keep up with the current product, I can perform.”

Cena brought up his ability to pursue an acting career while maintaining a WWE presence and that it brings him the best of both worlds. He added that he can be invited back to the company and do it in a super special way, which is the way that he thinks it should be.

“If I didn’t have these opportunities, I still would be taking, actively taking, time off,” Cena said. “My body just can’t handle the schedule anymore.”

The future WWE Hall of Famer was last seen on WWE television back in July for the RAW Reunion special.