PDA

View Full Version : WWE Ref Explains Why He Stopped HIAC Main Event

Kemo
10-09-2019, 11:35 PM
Rod Zapata is the WWE official who made the controversial call to stop the Hell in a Cell match between Bray Wyatt and Seth Rollins on Sunday night. Zapata waved off the match after Rollins hit Wyatt with a sledgehammer.

Zapata issued a statement to WWE’s “The Bump” today and explained why he waved off the match.

“With Bray motionless, and Seth clearly doing whatever it was going to take to win that match… I had to think of the competitor’s safety and that at that moment, I did what I thought was best.” – Rod Zapata (WWE Official, Hell in a Cell main event referee.)

The decision was discussed by the panel members on the Bump, which you can watch in the player below:

ALy9CDCvKLk

Much has been made about the controversial finish to the Hell in a Cell main event from Sunday. Neither Rollins nor Wyatt appeared on WWE Raw this week, although the Fiend did appear to the live crowd after the show ended. A video recap of their match was shown on Raw as well.

Bully Ray broke down what he took from the Hell in a Cell main event recently on Busted Open Radio.

“In doing what they did last night, Bray Wyatt might be the biggest babyface next to Becky Lynch in the WWE right now,” said Bully Ray. “Just because the fans are so annoyed with how the finish went down. Did you notice that after Seth Rollins got done using the kendo stick on Bray Wyatt, Bray eventually took the kendo stick and […] threw it away. Bray didn’t even want to rely on the weapons. The babyface brings in the weapons, they’re not effective, and the ‘heel’ throws the weapons away. There were so many points in that match that they backed Seth Rollins into a corner where it was almost impossible for him to look good.”