PDA

View Full Version : Bully Ray And Mark Henry Discuss Why Asuka Should Challenge Becky Lynch

Kemo
10-10-2019, 03:17 PM
WWE RAW Women’s Champion Becky Lynch has been on a tear through the WWE Women’s division. On a recent episode of SiriusXM’s Busted Open Radio, Bully Ray and Mark Henry discussed Lynch’s momentum and who would work as a rival at this time. Both former WWE Superstars agreed on one name: Asuka.

“Asuka, I believe, is the heel that can get the right type of heat on Becky Lynch,” Bully Ray said. “Because paying to see a champion retain their championship is very hard to do in 2019. I think people will pay money to see Becky fight and retain against Asuka, and Asuka is so credible—she hasn’t been credible since the Royal Rumble—but she’s so credible in her physicality and her demeanor, I think she can get the right amount of heat on Becky Lynch that people will sympathize and get into Becky even more.”

Mark Henry referred back to the matches between Asuka and Lynch before WrestleMania 35, calling Asuka the most underutilized Superstar on WWE’s roster.

“I think that Asuka was the most underutilized and, not only that, she kind of got lost in the shuffle. She was almost forgotten about,” Henry stated. “It was good Becky mentioned the fact that the last person that she lost to that was a complete one-sided mismatch was the match she had with Asuka, […] and then they never used it. They never went back to it. So now we get to see all of that pay off, […] and that’s what the fans want to see. They want to see redemption.”

Asuka and her tag team partner Kairi Sane recently won the WWE Women’s Tag Team Championship. They defeated former champs Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross to claim the titles at Sunday’s Hell in a Cell pay-per-view.