PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Kong Reflects On How She Became A Part Of AEW

Kemo
10-11-2019, 08:22 PM
All Elite Wrestling talent, and star of hit Netflix show GLOW, Awesome Kong was a recent guest on Women’s Wrestling Weekly. During her appearance, Kong opened up about how she came to be a part of AEW. She discussed her surprise debut at Double or Nothing as well as how she got back into ring shape.

She credited her agent in helping her become a part of AEW, explaining that he was the first one to tell her about it as she hadn’t been immersed in the world of pro wrestling for some time.

“I didn’t know anything about it because I hadn’t been immersed in it, the wrestling world, so I was doing StarrCast/Starrcade… and they said everyone is going to the show [All In] and I was thinking that it was just some random indie show…I get there and they are at the Sears Center and the production value is out of this world,” Kong said. “I’m like, ‘Wait… I need to be a part of this next time, someone needs to ask me next time’ …and they did, I’m glad they did, backstage the harmony is there, people are working, people are getting paid, people are getting medical… People are happy and people want to come in and work hard.”

Kong noted that only three people knew about her surprise appearance at Double or Nothing. She recounted how she had to be snuck into the airport wearing sunglasses to try and disguise herself.

“We got in, we did the deal. I was nervous and I hadn’t put on the Kong gear in for eons…I hadn’t summoned her.. She’s a real person, Kong is real, hadn’t summoned her in a while. I was in the bathroom… it was a whole process.”

Coming back to in-ring action required her to train in order to channel Awesome Kong once again. She explained how she “hyped up” her cardio and avoided training in a ring. Kong believed people would easily figure out she was preparing for a wrestling return if she had.

Xlwx887_-ew