PDA

View Full Version : Cain Velasquez Reveals Dana White’s Reaction To His WWE Signing

Kemo
10-13-2019, 10:43 PM
Former UFC Champion Cain Velasquez recently had an interview with MMA Junkie where he talked about his new career in pro wrestling and his signing with WWE in detail.

Velasquez made his wrestling debut during the Triplemanía XXVII event of AAA in August earlier this year. He then showed up at the Fox premiere episode of SmackDown earlier this month and confronted Brock Lesnar.

Since then it has been confirmed that the former UFC star has decided to retire from the world of MMA and he has signed a new multi-year deal with WWE.

During the interview, the newest WWE Star revealed the UFC President Dana White’s reaction to his decision of leaving UFC and signing with WWE, saying that White showed 100% support to him:

“He just supported me 100 percent. He thanked me for everything that I did. I thanked him and the company for everything that they did. He just gave me his full blessing. He said, ‘This is awesome, what you’re doing. Go ahead, you have my full consent to go ahead and do what you want to do.’”

Velasquez also talked about the possibility of his American Kickboxing Academy teammate Daniel Cormier teaming up with him inside a pro wrestling ring in future. He said that Cormier is a big fan of the sport and so it wouldn’t surprise him.

Cain Velasquez made his WWE debut during the October 4rth episode of SmackDown Live where he confronted Brock Lesnar for Brock’s attack on Rey Mysterio and his son. Cain sent the Beast in retreat after a brief fight between the two.

After this, WWE has announced that these two former UFC stars will face each other in a singles match for the WWE Championship at the upcoming Crown Jewel PPV on October 31.