PDA

View Full Version : Triple H On Tyson Fury’s Rumored Payday, WWE’s Return To Saudi Arabia

Kemo
10-26-2019, 07:45 PM
Triple H and Lineal Heavyweight Champion Tyson Fury recently joined Ariel Helwani for an episode of Ariel Helwani’s MMA Show. During their conversation, both Triple H and Fury addressed the rumors surrounding Fury’s reported payday. He also spoke about WWE’s decision to return to Saudi Arabia for their upcoming event, Crown Jewel.

“Listen, I can’t comment on moneys. So I’ve read [the rumors] but I don’t know where their information has come from but I’m not going to confirm or deny because I don’t want to breach my contract,” Tyson said.

Triple H added, “It is amazing how much other people count people’s money isn’t it? Look, you could make an argument that WWE right now – if you say one of the big 4 sports in America, you could make an argument that we’re right there. This is a moment in time and, to his point, I’m not going to confirm or deny but the positioning of what we are is no different from any other sport. We’re not the size of the NFL or anything like that but what we do is up there.”

He joked that “If you want the king, you’ve got to pay for the king!”

Turning the conversation towards WWE’s return to Saudi Arabia, Triple H explained how they are, ultimately, an entertainment company with millions of fans in the Middle East that they want to entertain.

“They love what we do, they love the product and love to be entertained by us. This is an opportunity for us to go there like we have been doing for years, and years, and years and go there and entertain our fan base,” Hunter said.

He continued, “I think that our talent especially have seen that when they go there, what they do is they see an event just like the other events that they do. They see tens of thousands of fans in the stadium going crazy for what they do. That’s what we do – we entertain. We’re not in it for politics or anything else, it’s about going there and entertaining our fan base and there’s millions of fans there.”

Fury added that not only is he a prizefighter, he is also an entertainer. Because of this, he will go where he has to in order to entertain fans.