PDA

View Full Version : Xavier Woods Undergoes Surgery, Projected Return Timeline

Kemo
10-26-2019, 08:20 PM
After suffering an injury this week, Xavier Woods has reportedly underwent surgery to repair an Achilles tear earlier today.

As of this writing, there’s no official word yet on the timetable for Woods’ return. The belief is that he will be out of action for 6 months to 1 year.

He was injured this past Sunday at the WWE live event in Sydney, Australia when Woods and Big E took on WWE SmackDown Tag Team Champions Revival in the opening contest.

The injury happened once he was Irish-whipped into the ropes and went down right away. As a result, he was pulled from the rest of the tour and sent back to the United States. Big E finished the match by himself as Woods was taken to the back.

Woods has since confirmed the injury via his official Twitter account, as seen below:

Mans is injured. I’ll keep yall updated but as of right now I’m gonna stream a lot. Gonna hit cons a lot. Gonna post sponsored tweets a lot. Gonna eat pizza a lot. So many things to do! 1st cosplay coming next Saturday, I’m already laughing about it

— Austin Creed (@XavierWoodsPhD) October 22, 2019

WWE had Woods advertised alongside Kofi Kingston and Big E as participants set to compete in the Tag Team Turmoil Match at the upcoming Crown Jewel pay-per-view event.

The winner will be crowned the Best Tag Team in the World. Kingston and Big E will compete in this contest that takes place on Thursday, October 31, 2019 in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.