PDA

View Full Version : Chad Gable Comments On Being Renamed “Shorty G”

Kemo
10-26-2019, 08:29 PM
Former Olympic wrestler Chad Gable has been renamed “Shorty G” in WWE. The 5ft 8 Superstar has been ribbed in storyline regarding his height. Gable spoke to SI.com recently about the name change.

“The key is to take advantage when given the opportunity,” said Gable. “Right before I went out last week to do the Shorty G promo, Bruce Prichard told me to make it my own and feel it.”

84GNGqEd7gc

Gable continued to talk about the promo he gave on Smackdown last week.

“That promo, I felt it very deeply. The height thing is a message about overcoming whatever people believe are your shortcomings. Everybody can identify with that. That’s an area Chad Gable, up to this point, had been missing. Now you know what he stands for and what he means. Last Friday was the very first step in that process, and it’s only going to get bigger.”

He continued to talk about learning that WWE is an entertainment company as well.

“A lot of people look at WWE as a wrestling company, but at the end of the day, it’s an entertainment company,” said Gable. “I had to learn that, too. I’m one of the people who fell in love with wrestling because of the athleticism, but that’s not the only part of what we do here. WWE entertains.”