PDA

View Full Version : WWE Releases Statement Over Jordan Myles T-Shirt Controversy

Kemo
10-28-2019, 06:04 PM
WWE has released an official statement regarding their controversial t-shirt for NXT Superstar Jordan Myles (formerly known as ACH). The promotion claims that Myles was well-aware of the shirt as Myles “approved this t-shirt for sale.”

WWE added they work collaboratively with their Superstars and ensure to get “input and approval” before proceeding with any merchandise.

The full statement reads:

“Albert Hardie Jr. (aka Jordan Myles) approved this t-shirt for sale. As always, we work collaboratively with all of our performers to develop logos and merchandise designs and get their input and approval before proceeding. This was the same process with Albert, and we responded swiftly once he later requested that the logo/t-shirt be redesigned. No t-shirts were sold.”

Myles took to his Twitter account over the weekend to bring attention to the racially-insensitive design. He accompanied his tweet with a caption reading:

“I will keep posting this till my voice is heard. I’m not sorry for anything I say or do. Representation is important. If this is @VinceMcMahon & @TripleH “vision” of me then this is a slap in the face to EVERY African American performer, fan, and supporter.”

He then urged fans to protest the design and WWE’s mentality by turning their profile pictures black and white and using the hashtag “#ForTheCulture.”

Protest with by turning your photos black and white on Twitter.

And use the hashtag:#ForTheCulture @CedricAlexander @DLockPro

— Jordan Myles (@GoGoMyles) October 27, 2019

The Superstar recently won the NXT Breakout Tournament earlier this year. He defeated Cameron Grimes in the finals, earning himself an NXT Championship match. Myles would subsequently lose in that matchup against current NXT Champion Adam Cole.