PDA

View Full Version : Booker T Discusses Jordan Myles T-Shirt Controversy

Kemo
10-29-2019, 03:55 PM
WWE Hall of Famer Booker T has addressed the recent Jordan Myles controversy. The issues revolve around a design WWE created for the NXT Superstar. Speaking on his Hall of Fame podcast, Booker T divulged his thoughts on the matter. He shared how he had always been heavily involved with the designing of all his t-shirts since his time in WCW.

“I don’t know how this t-shirt got out without him knowing about it,” Booker said. “It’s not our job to step up and defend Jordan Myles over his t-shirt.”

Booker noted how the majority of wrestling merchandise tends to be printed on black, stating that there are “[…] a lot of negative people on social media that’s looking for anything that they can possibly find to make racial. It happens all the time.”

Booker T rejected the idea that the shirt design was racially motivated, finding it hard to believe that WWE went into the process with that mindset. He added that the issues shouldn’t have been aired online, and instead should have been dealt with in private.

“I never complained to social media about any racial situation that I’ve been in and I’ll tell you right now if anybody knows me, anybody in this wrestling knows Booker T, they know exactly what I have gone through and how I’ve handled every situation.”

He continued, “There’s never been a racial issue that has gone over my head or that I’ve swept under the rug. Every single time someone has said anything racial around me, I’ve handled it. And to hear this Uncle Tom crap … I’ve known Jay Lethal. Jay Lethal’s put in almost 20 years in this business, he’s no Uncle Tom. I’ve heard people call me an Uncle Tom and if they do it, I wish they would do it to my face. Don’t do it behind those characters, don’t do it behind social media, don’t do it behind a cloak of anonymity. Do it in my face because I will show you what an Uncle Tom really looks like.”

He stressed that social media and personal business shouldn’t go together. He stated he’s going to be standing back on this situation, but made sure to add that he believes everything should have been handled differently.

WWE released a statement on the issue, claiming that they had received Myles’ approval before proceeding with the t-shirt.

fwavB2Hh0aY

Will
10-30-2019, 08:19 PM
Apparently, Miles approved the sign on a stock white poster board but didn't take into account the fact that wwe loves to use black shirts. Regardless, they removed the shirt as soon as he complained and he didn't speak publicly about it until a month after they already removed it.