PDA

View Full Version : Sami Zayn On Not Being Allowed To Work Shows In Saudi Arabia

Kemo
10-30-2019, 12:50 PM
WWE’s shows in Saudi Arabia have been criticized for a lot of reasons and one of them is the fact that a number of stars have not been allowed to work the show due to their political beliefs or even descent such as Sami Zayn.

Zayn recently had an interview with Catch Newz where he discussed things like his new partnership with the current IC Champion Shinsuke Nakamura, trying to form an alliance with Daniel Bryan and more.

When asked about WWE’s deal with Saudi Arabia and the reports that he has been kept away from these shows because of his Syrian origin, the former NXT Champion said that it’s a complicated thing:

“I did a show a few years ago there. But with the new WWE partnership, I have not had a chance to perform. It’s a complicated thing, difficult to explain. But for the moment, I can not say much and that in favor of any side. Maybe it will change, but for now no change. It’s a complicated answer and I do not know how to explain it.“

Sami was also asked about the electric chair segment he did during a Raw episode in May. Fans were allowed to ask him any question they liked and Zayn had made some headlines by mentioning AEW during the angle.

When asked if the WWE Officials were angry over the mention of the rival promotion, the former NXT Star replied negatively, saying that it was only a big story on the internet.

Apart from this, Sami Zayn also talked about his former partners Shane Matthews and Scott Parker joining NXT and more.

Will
10-30-2019, 08:16 PM
On one hand its good for Zayn to not have to worry about making that trip, but on the other hand its taking a big paycheck out of his bank account so I hope the company is taking care of him like when they gave the women their own ppv.