PDA

View Full Version : Cain Velasquez Comments On WWE Future, In-Ring Style For Crown Jewel

Kemo
10-30-2019, 12:54 PM
Ahead of his WWE debut at Crown Jewel on Thursday, former UFC Heavyweight Champion Cain Velasquez and Rey Mysterio sat down with The New York Post. The two discussed Velasquez’s WWE future, as well as what kind of in-ring style he’ll be using against his opponent, WWE Champion Brock Lesnar.

Velasquez’s pro wrestling debut in AAA saw him under a mask, wrestling a much more acrobatic luchador style. Apparently, that won’t be the case at Crown Jewel.

“Taking the match to the MMA side now is my strong suit and that’s what I have to do,” Velasquez noted. ”But still learning the game, the WWE style as well.”

Looking to the future, he believes he’ll eventually be able to blend his background and wrestling influences into his in-ring performance:

“I think in the future for me when I get a little more comfortable with this is to incorporate everything, everything that you can do in combat sports, the MMA, the WWE style of wrestling and also adding the lucha in there as well.”

Velasquez admits that he is the underdog coming into his bout with Lesnar, given the champions experience and credentials. This fact, however, makes him more hungry to “go out there and show him that he just can’t go around and picking on people. This s–t has to stop.”

Mysterio reflected on the mixed reaction Velasquez received this last Monday night on RAW opposite Shelton Benjamin. Mysterio believes it’s only a matter of time until the WWE Universe is “mesmerized” by Cain’s abilities.

“For those who don’t know who he is, they will soon find out who he is because what he brought into the octagon every time he stepped in there is gonna be 10 times better when he gets in a WWE ring and faces Brock Lesnar for the first time,” Mysterio said.

Velasquez confessed that he hasn’t overthought his career in WWE post-Crown Jewel. He acknowledged that winning the WWE Championship would naturally change that.

WWE Crown Jewel takes place on October 31st from the King Fahd International Stadium in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.

Will
10-30-2019, 08:12 PM
Its 2019. There is no place in pro wrestling for work interviews outside the company.