PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Lashley Opens Up About Return To WWE, Lana Storyline

Kemo
10-31-2019, 03:31 PM
Bobby Lashley has spoken out about his return to WWE, as well as his current storyline with Lana, in an interview with TV Insider.

The Superstar, whose first run with the company saw him as a silent but dominant competitor, addressed the more light-hearted run he’s been enjoying since his return.

He admitted, “I’m still trying. It’s hard for me. I came from a world of amateur wrestling. It was always shut up and train. The last thing you would want to do is anything else. Everything else was shut up and train. When I first came into this world, it was more hardcore. That fighting style was real, and I fit right in. Coming back this time, there are so many different characters, and people are talking about entrances and costumes.”

Lashley continued, “I was like, ‘Where is Brock? Sign us up. Let’s do this. Let’s fight.’ They were like, ‘No, we need you to dance on Instagram. We need you to tell a joke. We need you to look sloppy and do some different things. Sing on TV. Make out with this lady.’ All these things they want that are different. I didn’t understand it for a long time, but I do now. Just to see me open up where people can relate to you and get behind you. People can get behind you or against you, but they know who you are. I don’t think they know who I really am. They know what I’m capable of doing, but they don’t know who I am. I think that is what we are trying to do. Just crack the shell and show a little bit more of me.”

His most current storyline has seen him paired up with Lana. The two have coupled together on-screen against Rusev. Recent weeks have seen them enjoying massages and spa days. Lashley confessed he still finds these segments challenging, adding that he is still working on adding layers to his character.

“It was one of those things where no matter what you do, you have to sit back and say, ‘Is that me? Can I do that?’ I didn’t know if I could do it, but that’s the challenge of being a WWE superstar today,” Lashley said.

“In order to be a performer and maybe take on that next role in acting, you have to have different layers. My layer was one-dimensional. I put some gloves on and kick anybody’s ass. So there is a part I need to work at. Doing a role that is so dramatic, love scenes. It’s taking some getting used to… I might be the next Val Venis. It is a different style for me. I am who I am. I think this will show a little more who I am after.”

Lashley recently revealed that he has received death threats over this storyline with Lana and Rusev.