PDA

View Full Version : Renee Young Reacts To Getting Kicked In Face During SmackDown Match

Kemo
11-04-2019, 01:25 AM
Renee Young had an interesting night while calling Friday Night SmackDown.

Young was on commentary alongside Tom Phillips and Pat McAfee because Michael Cole and Corey Graves were stuck in Saudi Arabia and forced to miss the show.

The show, which was held in Buffalo, New York at the KeyBank Center on FOX, featured a women’s tag team match that was booked after Bayley retained her SmackDown Women’s Championship against Nikki Cross.

The contest saw Rhea Ripley and Tegan Nox defeat Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville in quick fashion. The finish of the match saw Rose be tapped out to Ripley’s Inverted Shamrock submission move.

Right before the finish, Nox launched Deville over the commentary table towards Young.

This is when Young ended up taking an accidental left foot to the face from Deville while Phillips and McAfee were able to avoid being struck.

Young took to Twitter to react to the incident after Nox Nox apologized for causing Deville to essentially hit Young with a spinning heel kick. You can see the clip here:

…..I will apologise for the rest of my life!! Im so sorry!

— Tegan Nox (@TeganNoxWWE_) November 2, 2019

It’s okay lady Kane. Next time I’ll keep my eyes peeled for any unexpected choke slams

— Renee Young (@ReneeYoungWWE) November 2, 2019

WWE needed to fly in several members of the NXT roster because the majority of SmackDown and RAW stars were stuck in Saudi Arabia while trying to make it back from the Crown Jewel pay-per-view event.