PDA

View Full Version : Renee Young Talks About Her “Disastrous” Time As A Commentator

Kemo
11-04-2019, 09:01 PM
Former RAW commentary Renee Young has opened up about her time as a member of the announce team. During an interview with the Sports Illustrated Media Podcast, Young referred to her time commentating as “disastrous.”

She confessed that she never felt truly comfortable in the role, which led her to have a stressful year as she attempted to learn and adjust.

Reflecting on how the opportunity first came around, Young said “I needed something different to chew on. Cole and HHH pulled me aside and told me I was going to do commentary on RAW. I was like ‘What? Why? Who approved this?’ I was going to try and figure it out.”

Young explained that three hours of live television turned out to be quite an obstacle. She struggled to maintain her naturally bubbly personality throughout RAW’s runtime.

“Corey Graves is great at that,” she said. “I was used to being the ‘A’ person. It was odd trying to jump and talk about something that had already been said. I tried to come at it from a fan standpoint but that does not always work. I felt some misdirection about what my purpose was out there.”

She noted how it can be difficult to accept when you aren’t good at something, but knew it was important to realize that “It just wasn’t really working.” She has previously commented on receiving hate from people over her work and has addressed those who have been critical of her.

Following the most recent WWE Draft, Young has been removed from the RAW announce team. She has been moved into a new position, hosting the Fs1 Studio show, WWE Backstage.

Young recently returned to commentary during last week’s Friday Night SmackDown. This was due to WWE’s travel issues leading to talent being stuck in Saudi Arabia. Unfortunately, Young would end up being hit in the face by a boot during her time covering announcing duties.