PDA

View Full Version : Sonya Deville Addresses How She Deals With Haters, Finding Balance

Kemo
11-18-2019, 07:42 PM
Sonya Deville spoke with Local Los Angeles CBS affiliate KCAL regarding her life as an LGBT WWE Superstar. During their conversation, Deville spoke openly about balancing her sexuality with her WWE character.

“Sonya, at the end of the day is a fighter, right? She likes to kick ass. She likes to get in there and take names and she sometimes does take unorthodox measures to get there,” Deville explained.

“So if that’s what you consider a bad guy, then yeah, Sonya’s bad. But she also is someone who represents equality, and that’s something that’s very close to my heart and something that, whether I’m a good guy or a bad guy, I’m always going to represent, because the really cool thing about WWE is there’s always a larger message. There’s so much more to our job than just what you see inside of the ring.”

When asked if she was concerned over negative fan reactions from the more conservative within the WWE Universe, Deville stressed that she isn’t afraid of those kinds of haters.

“No matter where you are in the world, you’re going to have people that accept you for who you are and you’re going to have people that don’t,” she said. “And my goal is to show my fans and my supporters that I’m not afraid of the critics and the haters. I’m not going to hide who I am because I make people uncomfortable because of who I love.”

Deville noted how she doesn’t want her character to be defined by her sexuality, calling it “one piece of Sonya’s puzzle.” She added how she doesn’t want it to take away from her career or what she’s capable of inside the squared circle, stressing that she is an athlete, performer and former mixed martial artist.

j1WEA_xIqCc