PDA

View Full Version : Goldberg: WWE SummerSlam Was “By No Means My Farewell Performance”

Kemo
11-19-2019, 08:58 PM
WWE Hall of Famer Goldberg spoke with Justin Barrasso of Sports Illustrated to talk about a wide range of topics. During the interview, he talked about his latest match under the WWE banner and what his future holds with the company.

The legendary pro wrestler made short work of Dolph Ziggler in a singles match at SummerSlam.

Goldberg stated that he appreciated what Ziggler did for him in that match and for being professional about it.

“I’m never happy with any of my performances, and I’d lost my mojo, I felt like,” said Goldberg. “But the reality is, the older you get, the more you’re going to lose your mojo because you can’t do it like you used to.”

When it comes to his future in the business, Goldberg stated that he doesn’t see the match as his last performance and that there’s a good chance that he will wrestle again.

“It’s by no means my farewell performance, nor was it my best performance, but you have to be realistic and take all things into consideration,” said Goldberg. “It’s a very good possibility I’ll be back, but you don’t know it until it’s done.”

Goldberg did bring up how being able to stay in such great shape to portray his character gets lost in the shuffle when fans talk about wanting to see him wrestle again. He stated that he doesn’t know of a power wrestler that’s been able to come back after a 12-year hiatus and still be that guy.

This is why he has found that it’s been a tough time to keep on weight to look like he did back in his prime. That’s why he thinks he needs to reinvent himself by losing 20 pounds.

Goldberg worked the WWE Super ShowDown pay-per-view event in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia back in June against The Undertaker. At the time, it was reported that Goldberg had agreed to do more matches.