PDA

View Full Version : The Undertaker Feared His WWE Debut Would Involve The Infamous Survivor Series Egg

Kemo
11-20-2019, 04:30 PM
WWE has released a teaser clip ahead of the premiere episode of Steve Austin’s latest WWE Network show that features an interview with The Undertaker.

Steve Austin: The Broken Skull Sessions premieres on the WWE Network immediately following Survivor Series this Sunday night.

On Tuesday, WWE released the clip where Taker told a story about how he thought he was going to debut as “eggman.” This before WWE had revealed who was inside of the egg and prior to him making his promotional debut.

“So about the time I got my phone call they were doing this promotion where on the show you know back then they would do 3-4 weeks in a row, they had this gigantic egg on the set,” he recalled. “You got it, there it is. I’m at home right and I’m trying to think of everything I can do. I’m trying to grow out my hair out, trying to come up with a different look, whatever it’s going to take right?"

The Undertaker continues, “This egg appears on the show and then all of a sudden, my mind just starts going, oh man, they’re going to bring me in, this is how outlandish the gimmicks were then, too. I’m going to be eggman. I had convinced myself to the point where my stomach hurt that I am going to be eggman.”

You can watch the clip here:

TvEXB_jQZfE

Luckily for The Undertaker, WWE Chairman and CEO Vince McMahon had not planned for that role to be for him but rather Taker was going to portray the deadman character that he made famous.

The egg turned out to be the Gobbledy Gooker, who was revealed after breaking out of the egg at the Survivor Series pay-per-view event in 1990. It turns out that The Undertaker also made his WWE debut at that same show.