PDA

View Full Version : Alberto Del Rio Believes The Door Is Open For A WWE Return

Kemo
11-22-2019, 09:03 PM
Former WWE Champion Alberto Del Rio has opened up about the possibility of a WWE return. During an interview with TMZ Sports promoting his forthcoming fight against former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Tito Ortiz, Del Rio was asked about an in-ring comeback.

Despite having been vocally critical of both Triple H and Vince McMahon, Del Rio remained open to the idea.

“The door has always been open for both sides. I’m not against their business and they’re not against my business. At the end of the day, I understand now as a promoter, nothing is personal. When you’re an athlete, sometimes you think your boss doesn’t agree with you because he doesn’t like you but it’s nothing personal.”

He explained that he’s not simply “jumping from pro wrestling to MMA,” adding that he’s been competing in mixed martial arts his entire life. He stated that he’s making a come back for “one last fight.”

Del Rio noted that he intends to return to pro wrestling in 2020 while also balancing his role with the fight promotion Combate Americas.

He is scheduled to fight Ortiz on December 7th at the Payne Arena in Hidalgo, Texas. The show will be available via pay-per-view for $39.99.

FNit16CungY