PDA

View Full Version : Tommy Dreamer On CM Punk’s Role On WWE Backstage

Kemo
11-22-2019, 09:16 PM
Tommy Dreamer recently talked about CM Punk’s hiring as an analyst on FS1’s WWE Backstage show. The former ECW Champion addressed Punk’s role and relationship to WWE during an episode of Busted Open Radio.

Dreamer stressed how because Punk is signed to FOX, there’s no real need for him to deal with Triple H or Vince McMahon. He contrasted the possibility of a Punk return to how, at one point, there seemed to be no chance at reconciliation between Bret Hart and WWE.

“Does CM Punk need to have a sit down with Vince McMahon and Triple H? No, he never has to see them ever again,” Dreamer said. “I was part of the company where Bret Hart was inducted, and he said he didn’t want to be in eyesight of Shawn Michaels. That was a thing that he said. Then they went on TV and hugged it out.”

He continued, “If CM Punk is OK with his status, great. If Vince McMahon and Triple H are cool with CM Punk’s status—‘cause I’m sure they had to sign off on it. I’m sure they’re saying ‘Hey, this guy’s going to keep on knocking us every week,” you know, there has to be something like that.”

Dreamer isn’t the only one speculating about a potential in-ring return. Several within the pro wrestling industry have shared their belief that, eventually, this role may lead Punk to compete again.

CM Punk began his duties on WWE Backstage on this past Tuesday’s episode. He will be making “periodic” appearances on the show going forward.