PDA

View Full Version : Steve Austin Says WrestleMania 19 Was The Last Match He Will Ever Have

Kemo
11-22-2019, 09:22 PM
WWE Hall of Famer Steve Austin had his final match in 2003 against The Rock at WrestleMania 19.

Despite it being over a decade since he’s worked a match, fans still want to see him wrestle one more time. This is something that he talked about while doing an interview with Marc Raimondi of ESPN:

“I’d be happy to give you a two-letter answer: N.O. It’s like people say, it’s show business, and in the wrestling business, it’s never say never. If you ask me, ‘Steve do you have a couple of Stunners, a couple of right hands or do you have some hell raising left in you?’ Absolutely, I do. But just to go in there, lace them up and go in there for a 15-, 20-minute match? No, man. I don’t. Nor do I want to.

I did what I did, and in WrestleMania 19, that was my last match with The Rock and he beat me 1-2-3 right in the middle of the ring. Took three Rock Bottoms, but that was the last match that “Stone Cold” Steve Austin will ever have.”

Austin got fans talking last September on an episode of his podcast where he stated that in theory, he thinks he’s in good enough shape to work another match. However, that doesn’t mean that he’s going to wrestle again.

In fact, Austin won’t even name stars he wants to do a segment with or like to work with because everybody is gonna start making these fantasy matches. He points out that his comments on his podcast opened a can of worms which is something that he didn’t want.

Austin also pointed out that the expectations from fans about him working another match would be at a level that’s not reasonable.

“No. The expectations would be off the charts. We talk about what it takes for The Undertaker to get ready for a match. You’ll hear that discussed on the Broken Skull Session after Survivor Series.”

Austin wrapped up his take about noting that he was forced to take himself out of the ring and had a hard time dealing with it. Thus, he doesn’t want to go through that again.

“So why go back and get so immersed in that world, knowing that it would be a short road? And the build up and then the match. I just think when it was all said and done, it would be anticlimactic for me. I don’t have anything to prove. People can judge me on the career that I had. So, I’d rather leave well enough alone is the simple answer.”

This interview was done to promote his latest WWE project as Austin has a new monthly interview show headed to the WWE Network.

“Steve Austin: The Broken Skull Sessions” premieres immediately following Survivor Series on November 24th. Austin’s first guest will be none other than The Undertaker.