PDA

View Full Version : Sami Zayn Explains Why He Thinks WWE Should Keep RAW & SmackDown Rosters Separate

Kemo
11-22-2019, 10:13 PM
Sami Zayn made an appearance on Mike Jones’ podcast for DC 101 where he spoke about a wide range of topics.

During the interview, he sounded off on the debate among fans on whether WWE should have a definitive roster split or WWE allow their talent to be used on both shows.

According to Zayn, he thinks the brand split should remain intact with each show having their own set of talent on the roster.

“For me personally, I prefer the distinction,” Zayn explained. “I prefer SmackDown staying there and RAW staying there. I think it is a good way for people to get more opportunities to really shine. I’m for the interweaving of the brands maybe once or twice a year like we are doing now with Survivor Series. It makes it very interesting when you see it here and there.”

Zayn noted that fans get to see the interbrand matches only at Survivor Series and seeing talent jump the line is pretty exciting. It should be noted that WWE’s latest attempt at a brand split has only been around since October.

Before that, WWE Chairman and CEO Vince McMahon came up with the idea of the Wild Card Rule earlier this year.

This was a rule where members of RAW and SmackDown can appear on the other brand. At first, only a set amount of stars could appear on the opposite brand.

However, that rule changed by the week regarding how many stars are allowed to appear on the two weekly television shows.