PDA

View Full Version : Corey Graves Responds To Backlash From Mauro Ranallo Tweet

Kemo
11-25-2019, 09:53 PM
Corey Graves is dealing with some backlash from fans online at the moment. Graves Tweeted during the NXT TakeOver: War Games event expressing his opinion that Beth Phoenix and Nigel McGuiness were not being given many opportunities to speak. Shortly following Graves’ Tweet, Ranallo deleted his Twitter account.

Just for the record guys, I know you wouldn’t know it, but there’s actually a WWE Hall of Famer AND a former Ring of Honor Champion on commentary.

I’d imagine they have a lot to offer.

#NXTTakeoverWarGames

— Corey Graves (@WWEGraves) November 24, 2019

Mauro Ranallo is a mental health advocate who lives with bipolar disorder. Ranallo left the WWE main roster for NXT after a much-publicized conflict with WWE which likely had to do with criticisms from JBL directed at him.

Graves has been active on social media today in regards to the situation. He took aim at the Wrestling Observer’s Dave Meltzer with the following Tweet:

@davemeltzerWON, you uninformed, false narrative pushing liar.

My phone works. You’re a “journalist,” right? You can find my number.

— Corey Graves (@WWEGraves) November 25, 2019

Meltzer had the following to say regarding the Graves/Ranallo situation on Wrestling Observer Radio last night/this morning:

“I was furious when I saw this and it’s got nothing to do with the idea of Mauro Ranallo being above criticism but we know what happens when a co-worker does it,” Meltzer said. “Mauro Ranallo and Frank Shamrock went to the building I guess, the gist of everything was that they left and they were very, very upset.”

“It was the Tweet and that’s why he didn’t do the show,” Meltzer continued. He would also say that Ranallo is expected back on Wednesday for NXT, however.

Ranallo’s longtime friend and MMA legend Frank Shamrock reminded Graves of a quote that Graves had Tweeted out shortly before directing the Tweet towards Ranallo:

Frank, did you approve this tweet with Meltzer?

Instead of calling me? Or actually coming to TV to discuss things like grown men?

Ur tweet buddy, not mine. Call me anytime or stop by, happy to chat. I am in LA.

— Frank Shamrock (@frankshamrock) November 25, 2019

In this Tweet, Graves states that Ranallo was making too many references to the Chicago rap scene.

Far, far too many.

— Corey Graves (@WWEGraves) November 24, 2019

It’s far more conducive to the human condition to be mad than to be wrong.