PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Gargano Credits Alex Shelley With Helping Him Become The Wrestler He Is Today

Kemo
11-27-2019, 09:58 PM
NXT Superstar Johnny Gargano has shared a post on social media highlighting the influence he has taken from Alex Shelley. The message stated how, over the course of 13 years, Shelley has been instrumental in helping Gargano become the wrestler he is today. For him, Shelley’s fingerprints aren’t only present in his in-ring style, but his entire generations.

Gargano uploaded a photo with the post that showcased how long the two have known each other. The top is a blurry photo from years past, while the bottom photo sees the two wrestlers posing together in front of a WWE Performance Center banner.

“2006 to 2019 I can safely say that I wouldn’t be the wrestler I am today if it wasn’t for this guy.. Alex Shelley’s fingerprints are all over the style of my generation.. He’s inspired a large number guys you watch on TV every week. Great to see him at the @WWEPC last month!”

As noted in Gargano’s tweet, Shelley recently did a guest coaching stint at the WWE PC last month. When it comes to in-ring competition, Shelley wrestled for Ring of Honor earlier in the year. He competed against Matt Taven in a ROH World Championship match at ROH’s Summer Supercard event.

g5KII4lncVQ