PDA

View Full Version : Backstage Update Regarding Corey Graves’ Tweets Critical Of Mauro Ranallo

Kemo
11-27-2019, 10:09 PM
In an update to the ongoing story involving Mauro Ranallo and Corey Graves, it is now being reported that Graves’ Tweets had been planned as part of the ongoing brand warfare storyline taking place over Survivor Series weekend.

According to a report from Pro Wrestling Sheet, Graves’ Tweets were to be brought up by his commentary partners during Survivor Series.

“According to sources, Corey wrote those tweets to play into the brand warfare element of Survivor Series and the SmackDown announcer planned to bring them up on commentary in a joking manner when he was joined by Mauro at the desk the following day,” wrote Ryan Satin of Pro Wrestling Sheet and FS1’s WWE Backstage.

Just for the record guys, I know you wouldn’t know it, but there’s actually a WWE Hall of Famer AND a former Ring of Honor Champion on commentary.

I’d imagine they have a lot to offer.

#NXTTakeoverWarGames

— Corey Graves (@WWEGraves) November 24, 2019

Ranallo did not work the Survivor Series event and is not expected to be at the commentary desk for tonight’s NXT either.

Corey Graves commented on the matter on his “WWE: After the Bell” podcast released today:

“Before we go any further, on a personal note, I need to address something,” Graves said on the show. “This past Saturday, during the TakeOver: War Games event, I sent out a Tweet. It was an unpopular opinion, as I often do with the intention of just stirring up a little controversy, maybe have something fun to talk about on TV or here on the show.”

“It was maybe not the most professional way to go about things and it was never meant to offend, or disrespect or disparage anybody, that was never my intention. If it was taken as such, I apologize deeply, that was not my intention. I would never intentionally cause anybody any undue stress, especially a co-worker, so I apologize.”