PDA

View Full Version : Steve Austin On CM Punk’s Backstage Role, AEW Vs NXT

Kemo
11-29-2019, 08:55 PM
WWE Hall of Famer “Stone Cold” Steve Austin has given his thoughts on CM Punk’s return to the WWE Universe, courtesy of his analyst role on WWE Backstage.

Speaking on the State of Combat podcast, Austin stated that he doesn’t know if Punk’s inclusion on the show will ultimately lead to anything more. He noted that all anyone can do at this time is speculate over Punk’s interest in an in-ring return. Regardless, he stressed how great it is to have Punk doing business with WWE.

“Just the fact that he returned to be doing business with WWE I love because I know they split up on bad terms and now they are back in business together, CM Punk was a lights-out pro wrestler; great promos, great work, great talent, so to have him back into the fold obviously they ironed whatever they needed to iron out and both sides are happy.”

He continued, “It’s great to have CM Punk back in the pro wrestling/sports entertainment business. I think it’s a breath of fresh air because the guy brings in a great perspective, great insights, great opinion on all things sports entertainment.”

When asked if he thinks wrestling is entering another mainstream, pop-cultural boom, Austin brought up the competition between AEW and NXT. He noted that he believes in competition, stressing that “I think competition is outstanding and I loved it when we were competing in WCW.”

He continued, “AEW is doing their own thing, so I’m not sure if you have turned on YouTube lately and checked out NWA Powerrr with that studio-style wrestling. That is pretty fresh and entertaining to see, but I love competition. I love the fact that NXT is on USA Network and not just WWE Network.”

As far as Austin is concerned, he loves that so many alternative promotions are now available for wrestlers and that there are opportunities for everybody to make money and push each other.

Austin’s new show The Broken Skull Sessions is now available for streaming on the WWE Network. His first guest on the new show was WWE Legend, The Undertaker.