PDA

View Full Version : The Undertaker On His Relationship With Vince McMahon, Why He Never Left WWE

Kemo
11-29-2019, 08:57 PM
WWE Legend The Undertaker has opened up about his relationship with Vince McMahon. “The Dead Man” spoke about their friendship with “Stone Cold” Steve Austin on the first episode of Austin’s new WWE Network show, Broken Skull Sessions.

He explained how their original relationship was strictly professional. His loyalty to Vince McMahon and WWE over time, however, helped it to evolve into a good friendship, one based on trust and creativity.

“[The Undertaker character] was originally his creative vision, but he gave me a lot of creative liberty with it,” ‘Taker said. “He trusted me when I felt like I needed to turn into the American Bad Ass. He obviously must have felt it too. We’ve butted heads and things have been rough, but at the end of the day, our passion is the same. We want to put out the best product possible.”

With the wealth of knowledge and experience under his belt, it’s not surprising that The Undertaker developed into a locker room leader. ‘Taker admitted that role “just kind of happened.” When asked by Austin why he never jumped away from WWE, The Undertaker stressed how he felt loyalty to Vince because of the opportunity he presented to him.

“I never forgot who gave me my first opportunity, and that was Vince. It’s probably not the most sound business decision,” Undertaker said, “but that’s who I am and if that ship went down I was going to go down with him. But I knew eventually it would turn.”