PDA

View Full Version : Rey Mysterio Talks About Being Pushed And Inspired By Younger Talent

Kemo
12-06-2019, 03:12 AM
It’s unsurprising to hear modern-day talent talk about being inspired by WWE Legend Rey Mysterio. Turns out that Mysterio holds just as much respect for his current contemporaries. He recently spoke about how they help push him to perform at a high level.

Speaking with WWE’s streaming show The Bump, the WWE United States Champion took a moment from receiving praise from Ricochet to share some appreciation for younger talent.

“I truly believe that the secret behind still being able to do it and perform at the level that I still perform at is to have people like Ricochet around you know,” Mysterio said. “Like Humberto Carrillo that push me, inspire me to keep doing it and to do it at the level. So I’m honored to have inspired you guys at one point in your career to be where you’re at now and now the inspiration comes from you guys towards me to be able to perform at the level that I do.”

The discussion eventually turned to Mysterio’s son Dominik. The Bump then played some footage when a young Dominik was involved in the on-screen rivalry between Mysterio and Eddie Guerrero. He commented on Dominik’s ability to convey emotion, recalling how he would just jump into it when needed.

Rey noted how his son has developed as a performer since then. He highlighted his recent involvement in the recent Brock Lesnar feud as an example of his growth.